Pat Anita Parrott purchased and began operating the rink in 1956. They originally purchased it from their friends, Paul and Betty Cloud, where it operated in downtown Twin Falls at the Radio Rendezvous building owned by Florence Gardner. Skateland continued to operate downtown until approximately 1981 when, due to building repair issues beyond their control, it became time for Pat and Anita to find a new location. They purchased land on Kimberly Road in Twin Falls and relocated there. They reclaimed the wood from the floors of the old O’Leary high school/jr high to make the rink floor in their new building. The Parrott’s and family have continued to own and operate the business since then. The help of many treasured friends and family has contributed to the joy, success, and entertainment of Skateland since 1956.
We have an archive of wonderful photos at the rink. Feel free to stop in and find that great memory in one of the albums.